I thought that I would practice my Spanish to English translation skills by translating some songs — I’ve recently done partial translations of Marc Anthony , as well as Shakira and Gianmarco when I talked about What Were Good Lyrics. I’ve also done full translations for Polvos Azules: A Cinephile’s Paradise, and random songs of Los Nosequien y los Nosecuantos .
So I thought I would pick an oldie, the 1995 Gianmarco release — some say it’s a 1994 release, but my copy has a 1995 print — of Entre la Arena y la Luna (Between the Sand and the Moon). Obviously, I can’t post ALL lyrics on one go, so I’ll probably add them as I work on them. Gianmarco’s lyrics weren’t as complicated then — and they’re pretty short — so they should be fairly easy to translate.
– edit May 14 –
Lyrics are done!
- No Puedo Amarte
- Dónde Estarás [added May 13]
- La Noche en mi Sangre [added May 13]
- Parte de Este Juego [added May 13]
- Cuando Quiero Amarte [added May 14]
- Corazón de Cartón [added May 14]
- Tómate el Tiempo que Quieras [added May 14]
- Ya Tienes Dueño [added May 14]