To keep things interesting, I’ve decided to switch to the newest songs that made the best 100 songs of the decade. Just the heads up, it turned out to be very Asian. Is it trying to tell you something?
One of those examples was the Welcome to Beijing song, which had a HUGE bunch of Asian (mostly Chinese, Taiwan and Hong Kong) stars. The scale of the project is probably similar to (or even bigger than) Michael Jackson’s We Are the World song… which in its time was epic. To me, and to many Asian (and non-Asian) people who keep track of the Asian music industry it marked an important time. Not only did the Olympics opened China to the world… and the world to China, but it also felt like a huge switch on everything from basic economics, industry… and entertainment.
It’s as if Chinese musicians had been enclosed all those years while the economy started to pick up, and have exploded with a huge fireball of creativity. It’s amazing at the amount of talent coming out from there, especially now that they can upload their music through the many Chinese music websites like douban.com and haoting.com, and the amount of blogs and communities that are reporting on them.
Some really awesome music, which I have already blog in this place. This is the reason, I want to get over these ones first, before I post many other songs from 2002-2006 when I didn’t blog that much (or at all).
here we go!
- Sodagreen (è˜‡æ‰“ç¶ ) – ç„¡èˆ‡å€«æ¯”çš„ç¾Žéº— (Wu Yu Lun Bi de Mei Li) –
Incomparable Beauty (2007)
- St. Vincent – Jesus Saves, I Spend (2007)
- Yael Naim – New Soul (2007)
- Yuguo (ç¾½æžœ) – åˆè§è“å¤© (You Jian La Tian) – Hello.Blue Sky (2007)
- Adele – Chasing Pavements (2008)
- Big Bang – Haru Haru (2008)
- Britney Spears – If You Seek Amy (2008)
- Chris Lee (æŽå®‡æ˜¥) – å°‘å¹´ä¸åœ‹ (Shao Nian Zhong Guo) – Youth of China (2008)
- DBSK (æ±æ–¹ç¥žèµ·) – Mirotic (2008)
- Marnie Stern – Prime (2008)
- Mayday (äº”æœˆå¤©) – ä½ ä¸æ˜¯çœŸæ£çš„å¿«æ¨‚ (Ni Bu Shi Zhen Zheng De Kuai Le) –
You’re Not Truly Happy (2008)
- Milk@Coffee (ç‰›å¥¶@å’–å•¡) – è¶æ‹èŠ± – Die Lian Hua (2008)
- A R Rahman featuring Sukhvinder Singh, Tanvi Shah & Mahalaxmi Iyer – Jai Ho (2008)
- Sigur Ros – Gobbledigook (2008)
- The Ting Tings – That’s not my Name (2008)
- Utada Hikaru (å®‡å¤šç”° ãƒ’ã‚«ãƒ«) – Prisoner of Love (2008)
- Various Artist – åŒ—äº¬æ¡è¿Žä½ (Beijing Huan Ying Ni) –
Beijing Welcomes You (2008)
- Chang Shi Lei (å¸¸çŸ³ç£Š) – æ´ªæ¹–æ°´æµªæ‰“æµª (Honghu Shui Lang Da Lang) –
Endless Waves in Honghu Lake (2009)
- Crowd Lu (ç›§å»£ä»²) – Oh Yeah!!! (2009)
- Eason Chan (é™³å¥•è¿…) – Allegro, Opus 3.3 a.m. (2009)