Ever since the internet began playing a bigger part on what is music today (with places like MySpace, YouTube and Peer to Peer), I said it… there will never be a fuly 100 Greatest Songs for this past decade. You will watch a VH1 (or MTV) Greatest Songs of 2000-2009, and you will always feel they will be nothing compared to their list of Greatest 90’s songs, or Greatest 80’s songs where you would sit, listen and say “Wow, I remember this song. It brings such memories” – Those days are over, and it’s kind of nostalgic.
With the internet, the market for music was open in such a way that you do not need to listen to the radios. You are not obliged to listen to what the record companies decide to send the radios… you simply do not need to listen to anything they produce as there’s a market from pretty much any small artist willing to put themselves out there. With the internet, you do not need to restrain yourself from listening to something just because it’s not sold on your region. You can find out about any group around the world, singing in any language, and you can most likely get their albums digitally or through online stores.
And so my list of 100 Best Songs of the Decade doesn’t reflect what was supposed to be popular in America… or America Latina… or Europe… or China… or Japan, but it reflects the best of everything that was available anywhere in the world. There is most likely you will find something here that will bring memories to you.
The songs listed are on chronological order of release year.
- Bacilos – Tabaco y Chanel (2000)
- Cheer Chen (é™ˆç»®è´ž) – ç‰å¾… (Deng Dai) – Waiting for You
- Eminem featuring Dido – Stan (2000)
- Melanie C – Suddenly Monday (2000)
- Miguel Bose & Ana Torroja – Corazones (2000)
- Nelly Furtado – I’m Like a Bird (2000)
- Robbie Williams – Better Man (2000)
- Shiina Ringo (æ¤Žåæž—æªŽ) – ã‚¢ã‚¤ãƒ‡ãƒ³ãƒ†ã‚£ãƒ†ã‚£ – Identity (2000)
- U2 – Elevation (2000)
- Alejandro Sanz – Toca para Mi (2001)
- Alicia Keys – Fallin’ (2001)
- Bjork – Pagan Poetry (2001)
- Clazziquai – Sweety (2001)
- Fatboy Slim – Weapon of Choice (2001)
- Hawksley Workman – Striptease (2001)
- La Ley – Mentira (2001)
- Mary J. Blidge – No More Drama (2001)
- No Doubt – Hey Baby (2001)
- Andres Cabas – Tu Boca (2002)
- Coldplay – Clocks (2002)
Stay tune for the rest ;P
by the way, without IMEEM… any other international way to embed/link to specific tracks?