We are still going backwards with this listing of songs…
I think 2006 and 2007 marked my shift of Asian focus in music. It’s weird, I don’t think it’s about lyrics as I most often than not don’t search for lyric translations. I have just found Asian music to be more “musically” interesting than their Western counterparts.
I once had a throughout conversation with a friend online who lives in Morocco, and is a huge fan of Asian entertainment, and has lost all notion of Western entertainment. I asked him why his interests shifted, and he told me it was because there was a point in his life where everything looked and sounded the same to him.
Others have commented on the topic with regards of idols’ image and the degradation of the business.
With the turn of the new decade, we will see how big the Asian entertainment industry gets. Many will be watching… I will keep an eye on this.
- Miyavi (雅) – Selfish love –愛してくれ、愛してるから–
Selfish Love ~Aishitekure, Aishiterukara~ (2006)
- Pink featuring Indigo Girls – Dear Mr. President (2006)
- Rascal Flatts – What Hurts the Most (2006)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Hump De Bump (2006)
- The Sounds – Tony the Beat (2006)
- Tokyo Police Club – Citizens of Tomorrow (2006)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Phenomena (2006)
- The Zutons – Valerie (2006)
- Ayaka featuring Kobukuro (絢香×コブクロ) – WINDING ROAD (2007)
- BackStreet Boys – Treat me Right (2007)
- Bibi Chow (周筆暢) – 为了认识你 (Wei Le Ren Shi Ni) – Just to Meet You (2007)
- Los Campesinos! – You! Me! Dancing! (2007)
- Christophe Mae – C’est ma Terre (2007)
- Feist – Sealion (2007)
- Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova – Falling Slowly (2007)
- Hanson – Been There Before (2007)
- Justice – D.A.N.C.E (2007)
- Kate Nash – Foundations (2007)
- Kobukuro (コブクロ) – 蕾 (Tsubomi) – Flower Bud
- Salyu – プラットホーム ~Merry Go Round~ – Platform (2007)
Leave a Reply