Will keep this list updated here.
Archives For red hot chili peppers
Except for that 3-year break MTV took off the Breakthrough Music Video category, they had continued giving away the prize — which had been given to the likes of Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry and Chris Cunningham — until 2010, when they officially removed the category.
So I ask again, what happened to Breakthrough Music Videos?
As a reminder, I put together a list with all the winners.
If I had been picking winners (from that past post), I chose:
- 2006 – U2 for Window in the Skies [MV]
- 2007 – Tom Waits for Come On Up to the House [MV]
- 2008 – Bjork for Wanderlust [MV]
For the other two years, you know I’m probably partial to SunnyHill , but I’ll go with Salyu’s Tadano Tomodachi  concept because it’s much more a production concept than a music video concept. For 2012, despite its serious hard-hitting concept , I would have to go with Graham Coxon’s What’ll It Take [MV] due to its imaginative execution using fan footage.
So what are some of your favorite music videos?
We are still going backwards with this listing of songs…
I think 2006 and 2007 marked my shift of Asian focus in music. It’s weird, I don’t think it’s about lyrics as I most often than not don’t search for lyric translations. I have just found Asian music to be more “musically” interesting than their Western counterparts.
I once had a throughout conversation with a friend online who lives in Morocco, and is a huge fan of Asian entertainment, and has lost all notion of Western entertainment. I asked him why his interests shifted, and he told me it was because there was a point in his life where everything looked and sounded the same to him.
With the turn of the new decade, we will see how big the Asian entertainment industry gets. Many will be watching… I will keep an eye on this.
Well, I’ve found it easier to narrow down the number of albums for this Top100 Albums of the Decade, than to narrow my list of songs to 100. LOL I have around 350 songs at the moment. This is gonna be difficult… and also in every possible language xD
Anyway, I’m sure that I had to take out some albums to include other albums. It was all a very difficult process to figure out what to include… going from “do I really have to take this song out?” to “OMG, I really love all these songs from this artist!!! Which one should I choose!- So please, bear with me, and comment what to add.
Bummer~ Couldn’t find some tracks from the playlist I made in my iPod~~ 5 in fact, ARGH! And Deezer won’t even let me play some of the songs that I did find… They should let you add your own mp3 from a URL, right? Like MixWit used to??
Screw you Deezer, buahaha~
Here’s my YouTube Playlist~
You don’t know what My Life as a Soundtrack is? Check this post.
- I’d Start a Revolution – Aimee Allen – Opening Credits
- Citizens of Tomorrow – Tokyo Police Club – Waking Up
- Campus – Vampire Weekend – First Day At School
- The Lucky One – Au Revoir Simone – Falling In Love
- Scream – Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson – Fight Song
- This Is Me, This Is You – Marit Larsen – Breaking Up
- Hump De Bump – Red Hot Chili Peppers – Prom
- God is a DJ – Pink – Life’s OK
- Beautiful Dreamer – Mates of State – Secret Love
- Clunk-Rewind-Clunk-Play-Clunk – Los Campesinos! – Mental Breakdown
- Go Forward – Lisa Gerrard (Whale Rider OST) – Driving
- Tonight I’ll Be Lonely Too – Alison Krauss – Flashback
- Quedate – Andrea Echeverri – Getting Back Together
- I’ll Never Tell – Emma Caulfield/Nicholas Brendon (Buffy Once More with Feeling OST) – Wedding
- 喂！喂！(Wei! Wei!) – Hello! Hello! – Bibi Chow (Zhou Bichang) – Birth of Child
- Earth Intruders – Bjork – Final Battle
- If Tomorrow Never Comes – Ronan Keating – Death Scene
- When I Get Where I’m Going – Brad Paisley & Dolly Parton – Funeral Song
- 不留 (Bu Liu) – No Staying – Faye Wong – End Credits