That’s the longest title I’ve ever written. I think. Not sure, but pretty~
First, let’s start with Oscar talk. There are 10 animated shorts line-up for 3/5 spots at the Academy.
- Coyote Falls
- Day & Night
- Let’s Pollute
- Madagascar, carnet de voyage (Madagascar, A Journey Diary)
- The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger
- The Gruffalo
- The Lost Thing
- Le Silence Sous l’Ecorce (The Silence Beneath the Bark)
Bolded, I have seen. Madagascar and Silence look amazing. Day & Night seems like a shoo-in.
And since we’re talking Oscar… they’ve recently release their Visual Effects shortlist too.
- Alice in Wonderland
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- Clash of the Titans
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
- Iron Man 2
- The Last Airbender
- Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
- Scott Pilgrim vs the World
- Shutter Island
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
- Tron: Legacy
I will favor Scott Pilgrim special effects over Alice in Wonderland, even if I did like Alice — which I would favor in the Art Direction category. Tron and Inception are shoo-ins in that one.
On the other side of the world, the Yokohama Film Festival has awarded the film Thirteen Assassins as Best Film of 2010, while also listing their Top10 2010 Japanese Films. I’m pretty sure Venice didn’t like Thirteen Assassins that much.
- Best Picture: “13 Assassins”
- Best Director: Takashi Miike (“13 Assassins,” “Zebraman 2″)
- Best New Director: Yuya Ishii (“Kawa no Soko Kara Konnichiwa,” “Kimi to Arukou”), Masaaki Taniguchi (“Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo”)
- Best Screenplay: Daisuke Tengan (“13 Assassins”)
- Best Cinematography: Jun Fukumoto (“Kondo wa Aisaika,” “Parade”)
- Best Actor: Etsushi Toyokawa (“Kondo wa Aisaika,” “Hisshiken Torisashi”)
- Best Actress: Hikari Mitsushima (“Kawa no Soko Kara Konnichiwa,” “Kakera”)
- Best Supporting Actor: Renji Ishibashi (“Kondo wa Aisaika,” “Parade,” “Yukizuri no Machi,” “Outrage,” “Ningen Shikkaku”)
- Best Supporting Actress: Yui Natsukawa (“Kokou no Mesu”)
- Best Newcomer: Osamu Mukai (“BECK,” “Hanamizuki”), Hiroko Sato (“Nude no Yoru”)
- Special Prize: Hiroki Matsukata
Kokuhaku (aka. Confessions) amde #2 on their Top films. via Tokyograph.
And by the way, Osamu Mukai’s so hot. LOL
Last, but not least important~~~ The Australian Film Insititute’s got their nominees out~
The film Animal Kingdom leads with 10 nominations including Film, Direction, Screenplay, Actor, Supporting Actor, Actress. Weird distribution for Bright Star also allows the film noms this year including Film, Direction, Screenplay, Actress, and Supporting Actress.
via Living in Cinema.