Look, I made a banner. LOL
While reading my usual news, I found out that Kokuhaku (aka. Confessions) by Tetsuya Nakashima has been chosen by Japan as their submission for the upcoming Academy Awards. I haven’t even seen the film, but I really thought they would choose something like Norwegian Wood, which seems to be getting in all the major festivals, while Kokuhaku… has been, well… doing well in Japanese Box Office. So it’s a surprise.
These are the other films sent for consideration:
- Austria – La Pivellina
- Hungary – Bibliothèque Pascal [Variety]
- Iraq – Son of Babylon
- Netherlands – Tirza
- Peru – Undertow [review]
- Poland – All that I Love/Everything I Love [Poland]
- Romania – If I Want to Whistle, I Whistle [The Hollywood Reporter]
- South Korea – A Barefoot Dream
- Sweden – Simple Simon [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Taiwan – Monga
- Venezuela – Hermano
Any more? xD
Germany has a shortlist that include 3 Nazi-related dramas. Their pick will be announced in about 10 days.