What the title says~
From the 65 eligible foreign films, the top9 have been chosen~ I’m being positive here, instead of saying films have been cut. xD Anyway, as a surprise (to many?) Claudia Llosa’s The Milk of Sorrow (aka. La Teta Asustada) made the Top9, alongside:
- Argentina’s El Secreto de sus Ojos
- Australia’s Samson & Delilah
- Bulgaria’s The World is Big and Salvation Lurks Around the Corner
- France’s Un Prophete
- Germany’s The White Ribbon
- Israel’s Ajami
- Kazakhstan’s Kelin
- The Netherlands’ Winter in Wartime.
At the moment, The White Ribbon and Un Prophete are lock-ins… it seems, so that leaves 3 more spots to fill. Which films will they be? I’ve seen The Milk of Sorrow and commented on them a year ago when the film won the top prize at the Berlinale. For a short review, and an article about the original title of the film plus other Peruvian films check out YAM003.