Not tagging anyone… everyone is welcome to comment on this with their own!
Saw this here~~~ Cut the Crap Movie Reviews.
1. Open up your iTunes, music player, spin the CD, whatever, hit shuffle and tell us what is the first song to play…
Yuguo (羽果) – Ronnie Monkey from Babel (巴别塔)
2. Name your top 5 favorite bands/musicians of all time
In no particular order, I think those I grew up with~~~
- The Beatles
- Faye Wong
- Shiina Ringo
3. What was your first CD to own? (8 track, Record, CD, MP3 for the newbies)
I’m unsure with my timeline. I went to the store with my mom to get music as a bday present.
DLG – Dark Latin Groove
Michael Jackson – HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I
and then there was Entre Tu y Yo by Salserin [from the Telenovela of the same name oh the shame], which is the first album I remember ever buying on my own. But I’m not sure it was my “first” album.
First MP3, Dixie Chicks – Without You
4. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
A tie between BackStreet Boys and Westlife with 6 albums each — oh, shame xD NOT — followed by another tie between Pink and Hanson (who have just released my possible 6th Hanson album). Actually, it’s John Williams… sort of. I own 7 soundtracks by him, so I guess he wins.
5. What was the last song you listened to?
RC Succession (RCサクセション) – 気持ちE / キモちE – KIMOCHI-E
which I had been googling like a mad woman.
6. What song would you say sums you up?
Hmm, difficult one. I’d like to say Jonsi’s Boy Lilikoi… but alas I’m not a boy, and it seems like such a new song to actually make a difference, so how about Zhou Bichang’s (周筆暢) 未来就是现在 (Wei Lai Jiu Shi Xian Zai) – The Future Is Now is a song that makes me feel moody yet somewhat optimistic. Can’t choose only one. =x.x=
There’s also Blink 182’s I’m Lost Without You, which really struck a chord with me when I left home to study abroad. Dixie Chicks’ Silent House.
7. What’s your favorite local band or band that originated from your hometown?
Tough. I’m not really that into the local music scene. Maybe Flor de Loto? Though you know I really want to say Gianmarco. HAHAHA.
8. What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to?
I would like to say Bjork’s concert in Lima, because of the times I missed her concert in other different cities by a few days… and how much of a dream it was for me.
9. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
I would like to say someone universally “cool” like Bjork — but she scares me a little bit — or… I dunno, Michael Jackson? LOL, admittedly, hanging out in Neverland must have been pretty fun. I’m a girl, I would have been fine. LOL
But in all honesty, I think I could be great friends with BiBi (aka. Zhou Bichang). xD
10. What was the greatest decade for music?
I accept the 90s with all their musical genres… from Nirvana and Pearl Jam to the 90s Britney, the BackStreet Boys and the girls from TLC. And all performances were theatrical back then… not like just Gaga now.
11. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
Used to be Amelie — though depends on the mood — but I gotta say All About Lily Chou Chou is the most haunting soundtrack I’ve heard. And now I love Salyu and Shunji Iwai for it. [Love Experiment]
12. What’s the most awful CD/record/etc. you’ve ever bought?
I once tried to buy the Bring it On OST online, and I don’t know how I ended up with an album called Bring it On that wasn’t that soundtrack. The album was so bad, I didn’t even keep it. NOT a happy accident. Not like Bring it On OST would have been much of an improvement anyway… but mind you, I was a teen.
13. What’s your favorite band t-shirt or poster?
I was never a big fan of band tees or posters. Not enough to own any anyway… I grew up in a difficult time in my country.
14. Rolling Stones or The Beatles?
I’m sorry… The Beatles. I only like a couple of Rolling Stones songs.
15. What is the one song you would most like played at your funeral? Your birthday? While on a romantic date?
Funeral: When I Get Where I’m Going by Brad Paisley & Dolly Parton
Birthday: Tony the Beat by The Sounds
Romantic Date: ウヲアイニ(我愛ニ) – Wo Ai Ni by Shunji Iwai from the Hana & Alice OST. LOL
God, would love to see Bjork in concert. Cool picks, love when folks do these things.
yeah, loads of music to choose from.
Bjork was out of this world. And she was so funny saying "gracias" each time she finished a song.
I don't know why. Bjork creeps me out a little too!
I think it might be the video where she kicks the crap out of that reporter LOL it makes you think twice before wanting to approach her xD