I often use the word lightly. I can be ‘obsessed’ with anything. Perhaps everyone is obsessed with something~ You can be obsessed with DBSK… xD, some other can be obsessed with Jay Chou~~~ some other obsessed with vampires~~~ we get called geeks or weird for being ‘obsessed’ with those~ but someone who is a little too obsessed about themselves get called narcissistic. Just a bit unfair, non?
Like I said, I can be obsessed with anything~~ Talk to me about film, and I’ll talk for hours about my favorite films, other films… anything – music, television~ if you’ve read this blog, you’ve seen my ranting. Anything goes, design, photography. LOL’ you would have guessed that I just got called on my obsession~ and I didn’t like it. xD I’ve explained my obsession on the lack of information… partly, I think that’s the reason. Right now, I’m mostly a lurker in many websites… and I seldom comment. But the lack of info always gets me going~~
Like I said… graphics and scans are nice, but if there’s no one worrying about the work and updates, that’s where I see a problem. It just bugs me.
I dunno what’s an obsession~ but maybe we (all who have been called obsessed at one point or the other) can make a lists of possible characteristics that we may be or not be guilty of. xD
- You’ve written fiction of your favorite fictional characters/real people on fictional situations/essay/character study/etc.
- Anything you might see, hear or experience reminds you of them/him/her.
- Your bedroom resembles a sanctuary you’ve made in their name.
- There’s a folder somewhere on your computer with their name.
- Fanart? xD – icons, wallpaper, banners, animated gifs, etc etc included.
- Know all their songs by heart (if they’re singers), know their most popular lines (if they act), or know anything by heart related to the work they do.
- discography and/or discography by heart? Photoshoots??
- Fansite? xD
- Many of your friends know the subject as ‘your obsession‘?
- Spent more than $200USD in just one order of their stuff (not included items not belonging to them)?
- Overlooked shipping to get an item.
- eBay collectors/misc./not so common items??
- Trade/Buy/Sell items with other fans?
- You OWN a t-shirt with their/his/her face. Not band t-shirts, but faces~~
- Queue months?/weeks/days before an event.
- Missed something (family reunion/class/friend gathering/work/etc) to go to their/his/her live event anywhere?
- Followed them touring?
- Attended one of their event other than the places you’ve lived in? (eg. traveling from San Francisco to LA for an event)
- Your internet user id shows up in a lot of related subjects.
- Restriction order??? xD
Okay, that’s all I can work on at the moment. I think I’ve got a plenty few~~ You got some others, or did I get you on some of those? You can list them in the comments~~~
Bold elements, I’m guilty of… LOL 6/20 – not that bad? see???