On July, I posted this about the Daria DVD.
I just got an email update with more info, which sound spazz-tastic~
- It sounds as though, rather than put the episodes out season-by-season, they are looking to put the whole series out at once, including the movies.
- There will be goodies, though which ones, I am not sure. However, the Sarcastathons and the specials were mentioned, and it looks as though they are going through ANY footage to find superfluous Daria appearances (like on TV talk shows).
- The commercial bumpers will be preserved, and in their rightful places.
- The episodes will be from the original masters, so no Noggin jujitsu cuts.
- The DVDs could come out as early as spring 2010. I’m going to play it conservative and still claim that they won’t be available until late 2010. For outside of the United States, it will be closer to 2011.
Also, apparently… for licensing reasons — there will be music replacement. However, it appears that they will replace some songs with covers, so they are trying to make changes not too noticeable. As for licensing explanations, old shows that used music prominently are having issues with their DVD release because the permits they used on the original TV broadcast don’t apply when releasing the music on DVD.
New shows don’t suffer from it, because the different licensing issues are dealt when shooting the show.
via TVShowsOnDVD and DVDAria Petition.
Leave a Reply