Just for experiment purpose ONLY. Picking nominees during award season is a tough job, considering the people in charge have to sit through hundreds of films in a certain period of time to just pick them… then they probably have to see them once again to refresh their memories and pick a winner.
Even like that, there’s still people upset about not nominated and nominated films… right? You know who you are~~ Stop complaining and do something.
That’s why I wanted to do some experimenting… have our own awards. Well, no~ we don’t have the money to have famous people… or to have a proper ceremony, or to make our own awards to hand out physically. Actually, we have nothing but our will to watch films, comment and try to get others to watch those films, but that will be enough~~ I think.
These would be the rules for films:
- All films, regardless of language, are eligible
- Only movies listed on IMDb on the year of the award, or released between February January to December in any city of any country around the world are eligible.
- Films with a very limited release, and/or problems with distribution will likely have points for them and might be eligible for the next two years.
- Since all the nominated films could be foreign, there will be no “Best Foreign Film” award.
- Sorry. No documentaries or shorts at the moment.
Rules for the voters:
- To be able to nominate the films you watch throughout February to December, you must AT LEAST watch one movie a week. That means at least 48 movies that year. Of course you can watch all 48 films in December instead, but that’d be rushing it, no?
- Each voter must do their nomination (5 nominees per category) list by the first week of January (January 7th, duh).
- Official nominations will be announced three days later on January 10th.
- Voters will be able to choose their winners from January 11th to January 28th, allowing them to re-watch their nominations and/or watch the nominated films they couldn’t watch before.
- Winners will be announced by the end of the month on January 31st.
Hmm… I think I covered most of all. If I have forgotten to deal with something, let me know on a comment or an e-mail. Also, if you’re interested in becoming a voter, make sure you do the same… e-mail, comment… anything. The more, the better the experiment will run, right?