I ran into this interview Tabu did for the promotion of Toh Baat Pakki! for Hungama — or as I’ve labeled ’15 minutes in heaven’ — where they speak about her roles and experience in films like Maachis, Astitva, Chandni Bar, Cheeni Kum, Maqbool, and The Namesake.
Here’s Part 2 of that interview.
Then my procrastination got ridiculous when I found this really old interview of her, and things got out of control from then on~
- A really young Tabu talks about who forms her family unit and mentions how Mumbai is not home .
- A fairly early interview talking about how Prem and Vijaypath are her babies .
- A brief clip talking about Ghaath .
- A short interview on her role in Astitva .
- Tabu wins Best Actress at Zee Cine Awards for Astitva, and Shabana Azmi receives it in her behalf .
- Tabu wins Best Actress at Zee Cine Awards for Chandni Bar .
- Rekha gives Tabu the Critics Best Actress Filmfare Award for Hu Tu Tu .
I find interesting the last clip, because (I think) she thanks her dad, but in previous interviews (like in the first link) completely ignores his existence. Or maybe I’m mishearing, and she’s thanking Gulzar as if he were her dad. As a side note, I love that her mind just drifts off after the announcement coz she’s just too damn excited, and totally ignores the question.