It’s independence day in Peru! So I made you all a playlist again with old school Peruvian rock. Awww, man~~~ those where the days. Or maybe I have my stages… without the internet, I grew up with this music. With the internet, I moved on to music in English… and having Asian friends, I follow so much Asian music now. — Did you noticed the whole front page was filled with Asian music posts??? — And then people call me a music snob.
Anyway, Feliz 28!
- Tierra Sur – Llaman a la Puerte [They’re Calling at the Door]
- Yvonne y los Mercantiles – Sin Parar [Without Stopping] – the chorus goes “I want to dance all night long without stopping” though it would translate better to “I want to dance all night long, all night long, all night long”.
- Miki Gonzales – Akundun
- Sangre Purpura – Que te Pasa Javier [What’s Going On Javier] – which goes “What’s going on, Javier? You look like a woman”
- Fragil – Avenida Larco [Larco Avenue]
- Los Mojarras – Triciclo Peru [Peru Tricycle]
- Los Nosequien y los Nosecuantos (NSQ y NSC) – Las Torres [The Towers]
- Autocontrol – Por tu Amor (For your Love) – This one sounds straight out of Saint Seiya.
- Arena Hash – Cuando la Cama me Da Vueltas [When the Bed Spins Around]
- Los Nosequien y los Nosecuantos (NSQ y NSC) – Magdalena — referring to a Lima district, so the song goes “I live by/for Magdalena, but I’d die for Susana”